Sunday, May 31, 2015

Stories in the Works - 5/31/2015

May wasn't as productive as I'd hoped it would be. I had a lot of fun with family and friends and even visited Mickey in southern CA, but my writing took a hit. I averaged nearly 1,000 words a day for the whole month, but I averaged 2500 words a day for the first ten days and then a pitiful 5000 words over the final three weeks (and half of that was done today, 5/31). I'm hoping that June will be more productive.

Here are the stories I have in the works as of today. The titles are my place holders, not the real titles.
Actively writing

"cubism"
I don't know how I came up with this as the working title. It doesn't really fit. Family of three Mom, Dad and adopted 16-year-old son share a birthday and get a birthday candle at Spells R Us. Many, many wishes in this story. Lots of reality warping. I almost wrote this story instead of "Just Pretending". I'm glad I didn't. I love "Just Pretending" and it probably wouldn't have been written if I'd been struggling through this one instead. AR, MtF

"Earthy"
Another crappy working title. Wife gets involved with the wrong meetup group and starts getting very in tune with nature. Hubby will most likely share some adventures in the woods with his wife.


"new dad"
 Son curses step-dad and soon he, his step-dad, his girlfriend and his mother are all changing physically and mentally.
 

"rafting"
five friends piss off the wrong person while on a rafting trip. MtF, AR, and tf


"mundane"
The writer wishes that he were putting more effort into this story.

Story that is being written by my alter ego


Revising


"hog"  
First draft was finished on 5/8/2015 and came in at 20k words.
I'm hoping that this will be a quick revision. I was going to revise "heather", but after the hours and hours revising "Summer Secrets" I needed to work on a shorter story. 
Magical, MtM & FtF, biker, serial corruption, smoking story. This is the start of a "universe" which will feature physical transformations. A vegan pacifist is given a box of cigars by his biker neighbor. Guess where it goes.


Revision Queue

"hubby"
Second draft completed on 5/9/2015

I've made myself some notes on this story and there are a few areas I think need some tweaking.
Magical TG with MtF and FtM. Husband and wife start taking on each others characteristics.

"Heather"
Third story in the Bethany series. It is a magical good girl to bad girl story with both mental and physical transformations, and most likely, serial corruption. First draft is finished. I will pick up this story again soon (I hope).


"Ghost 2"
First draft completed 5/31/2015

This is a poor name, even for a place holder. It reflects the genesis for the idea, but not the story itself. In a nutshell it is a story that starts off as The Birth of Bethany, except that Elizabeth's boyfriend, Paul, encounters the strange being. It goes off in its own direction from there. (Ghost was my working title for The Birth of Bethany)
 
On Hold

"Farm" 
This story is a magical TG story and is around 60k words. It will be an illustrated story that I will post on tgcomics.com website once completed. If has gone through a couple drafts and needs at least one more. I guestimate this one being completed (and hopefully posted) near the start of summer, which would be one year from its first draft.


"Nanny"
This is a magical TG story and is on hold at the moment. I have changed my mind about the direction of this story so many times. I think it may head into a "haunting, possession" type story at the moment.


Posted

"Salon" 
The title of this story is "Summer Secrets" and it was entered into the "Summer Getaway" story contest at The Big Closet on 5/21/2015. The results of the contest will be posted tomorrow, 6/1/2015. The story is 70,000 words long and has gotten some nice reviews so far.
Cross dressing romance that takes place in the 70s

Strong ideas for future stories

"stranded"
Man becomes stranded on an island with others and becomes pregnant. Possibly a Great Shift story


"accident"
Man takes over the life of his teen daughter who died years earlier in car accident


"4girls" 
four women take part in a new game show called "Life Swap", similar to "Wife Swap", but a tad more immersive.

3 comments:

  1. From your list, it looks like you have a number of projects on the go at once. Like Ive said before, mind not to take too much on, as it could lead to writer's burnout.

    In terms of your productions, like many others, Im particularly curious to see how your Bethany spinoffs/sequels go from here. As you are aware, you have a growing fanbase over on SFK, and I can imagine they are salivating at you continuing in this universe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blackbladder,

      I find writing the first draft of several stories at once very helpful. While I enjoy writing, I can find it stressful at times when my internal critic gets too loud. For some reason when I write stories simultaneously it quiets that internal, negative voice.

      I thank you for your continued interest in the Bethany series and I wanted to let you know that I have started revising Heather's story.

      I can't believe that it has been nearly 16 months since I posted my last Bethany story. I really thought that it would have been completed long ago.

      Would you be interested in reading Heather's story once I'm finished with the next draft, before I post it the the forum? I would love your feedback.

      Delete
    2. That would certainly be an interesting premise. Ive done critique once before, and anything I could do to help with your process would be welcome.

      Delete