Monday, March 7, 2016

Stories in the works - 3/7/2016

First off, I can’t believe that it’s been two and a half months since I given an update. Sorry.
I’ll try to do these things more regularly going forward.

First the good news. I’ve written two new stories, one of them in the Tobacconist universe. The bad news. I’m still no closer to finishing Heather’s story.

Okay, now more good news. I’m writing regularly again.  I spent about three months writing little, but now I am writing in my journal daily. I owe thanks to a lot of different people for giving me motivation, not the least of which are David Plymouth, Tamara Vincent, Steven Wells, Blackbladder and all of you who have commented or visit my blog regularly.

Right now I have eight stories that have a completed first draft, but still need some revision. I am constantly at war with myself. I enjoy creating stories, but do not particularly like revising them. I enjoy sharing finished stories with others, but hate the idea of releasing a half finished story. So, the mostly finished, but not quite finished stories keep piling up.

I have more good news, potentially. I have a plan to finish up the eight stories. I am splitting up my writing time. I will continue to journal new stories, but I will dedicate time each week toward bringing some of these other stories across the finish line.

New stories being written:

Jersey Shore sequel
David Plymouth has talked me into writing a follow up to the Jersey Shore (it was an easy sell). It will have more Jersification and some FMG. Ting-Lan, Luann, and the rest of the family will be in it, too.

"witch"
A smart, ambitious high school girl runs a foul of a real, old school, witch. The witch casts a spell on the girl. Now, instead of being in the running for class valedictorian, she is running with the bad crowd and nearly flunking her classes. She confronts the witch to get her life back and the witch decides that what she really wants is a protégé. There will be lots of transformations and corruption in this story.

"untitled"
Steven Wells pitched me a story about a smart, geeky girl who is Kardashianized. At first I told him that I didn't have time to write it, but last night I found myself writing a couple pages in my journal. My first priority will be to David's story, but this one has my creative wheels turning.

Stories in need of revision:

Behind Enemy Lines
I plan to finish this story first. It isn't terribly long, so I should be able to finish it without too much difficulty. It bothers me that I've taken so long to finish this.
This is a story for the winner of my contest back in September, blackbladder. It is about the hostile takeover of an anti-tobacco organization from the inside.

Heather's story
It is my intention to work on Heather's story once "Behind Enemy Lines" is finished.

"sleepover"
Tamara Vincent inspired me to write another story in The Tobacconist universe. When I thought up the Tobacconist I had four different stories in mind. This one involves a group of high school girls who are having a sleep over. One of the girls finds a stash of cigarettes, a few of which were made by The Tobacconist.

If I were a Girl
Over on The Changing Mirror there are several stories entitled "If I were a Girl". They are short and to the point TG stories. I was inspired to write my own.

Role with It
Magical TG with MtF and FtM. Husband and wife start taking on each others characteristics.
I posted this story to the blog, but I want to make a change to the it before I post it to the TG story sites.

"broken"
This is a commissioned story and has lots of women getting in touch with their inner bad girl. It needs a small rewrite before I post it on my blog. It will probably be posted to The Changing Mirror and MC Stories, too.

"Ghost 2"
Story that starts off as The Birth of Bethany, except that Elizabeth's boyfriend, Paul, encounters the strange being. It goes off in its own direction from there. (Ghost was my working title for The Birth of Bethany) First draft completed 5/31/2015

"new dad"
Son curses step-dad and soon he, his step-dad, his girlfriend and his mother are all changing physically and mentally.

Stories on hold:

"job"
A young man gets a job through a unique Job Placement agency. This agency makes the man fit the job. He starts out as the pool boy, tailored to fit the specifications of a bored trophy wife. I don't want to say much more except that it will be a TG story. I wanted the story to stay under 10k words, but it looks like it will be more like 20k at least.

"rafting"
five friends piss off the wrong person while on a rafting trip. MtF, AR, and tf
I will finish this story some day.

"orig story"
Shortly after creating the comic "Sunday in the Park with Peri" I wrote up a synopsis for a story involving a husband who becomes a married woman and mother due to an inadvertent wish. It was going to be illustrated by Chiara. I wrote 17 words and stopped. Chiara did a few sketches and I'll probably post them with the story.

"Earthy"
A woman gets involved with the wrong meetup group and starts getting very in tune with nature. Hubby will most likely share some adventures in the woods with his wife.
I will finish this story some day.

"Farm"
This story is a magical TG story and is around 60k words. It will be an illustrated story that I will post on tgcomics.com website once completed. If has gone through a couple drafts and needs at least one more. I guestimate this one being completed (and hopefully posted) near the start of summer, which would be two years from its first draft.

16 comments:

  1. Just glad to hear from you again! Excited to see what's coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to go silent for so long. Time just seems to slip away. I hope to have a story to post before too long, if not I'll be sure to post something.

      Delete
  2. Good to hear the plans you have ahead. Glad you are writing again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to be writing again too. Thank you for all of your support!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful! Now I'm really really curious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got me curious too. "Doing Charlotte" sounds interesting to say the least.

      Delete
  4. Wow! Glad to hear my idea got your creative wheels turning!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too. Thank you for sharing the idea. It will be fun writing about Catherine's evolution.

      Delete
  5. It is good to hear that you are still with us and still working hard. I am very anxious to see some of these stories finished!

    element

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's great to see you back at it again. Writing is good for the soul, just keep at it. Loving your stories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome to hear you're back at it.

    Is there a particular order we can expect these to come out in / do you have relative timeline for release? Or is it all just come as it may?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I intend for Behind Enemy Lines to be the next story I post. After that who knows. I have no idea on when any of them will be finished.

      Delete
    2. It looks like the "broken home" story will follow Behind Enemy Lines. Both are very nearly finished. I'm excited that I'll finally be posting a story again.

      Delete
  8. are all these stories on hold while you do the interactive? or are you writing both at the same time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent question. If effect yes. It was not my intention, however. My original idea was to post a small part of The Road Trip each week while working on revising one of my other stories. Each Road Trip part has gotten a little longer than the last and I have spent 90% of my writing time working on it alone.

      I am going to change that. I still want to post parts of The Road Trip on a regular basis, but I want to make headway on the other stories, too.

      I have started posting The Birth of Bethany on MCStories.com. After it has been posted I will post the sequel about her mother. It is my goal to have Heather's story completed and ready to post by time the first two Bethany stories are posted on MCStories. That gives me a couple of months to finish it up.

      Delete
  9. Any developments?

    ReplyDelete