Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Status update

Hello,

Sorry that it's been so long since I posted part 13 of Heather's story. I was hoping to get it posted before the end of last month, but then another story took over for a while. I've written rough drafts of a couple stories in my journal while revising Heather's story over these last 9 months and up until recently it hasn't interrupted the revising process. At the end of July I hit upon a story that I became obsessed with for a few weeks and it ate up all of my writing time.

Good news is that I'm back to revising Heather's story and I'm starting to get excited about this next part. On a side note, I kind of go through the seven stages of grief when revising a story, except I have eight steps and some time after Acceptance it's Excitement.

I was going to finish Heather's and Abigail's Saturday night adventures in Part 14, but it has now passed 16,000 words, so I'm going to split it into two parts. Part 14 will be around 11k words. Part 15 is sitting at 5k at the moment, but is likely to grow quite a bit before I am done with it, so who knows how big it will be.

One good thing about splitting the chapter is that the first 11k section is pretty close to being finished. I will work on it exclusively until it is posted and then work on finishing what is now part 15.

I really want to have Heather's story completely finished by September 12th (of this year). I don't know if I can do it, but I am going to give it my best shot. There is another story, that's been on my hard drive for three years, that I want to start revising at that time. Fingers crossed.

Varian



10 comments:

  1. Good luck, man! And thx for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Do you mind sharing what some of the other stories are that you've been working on are?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the stories is the one you pitched me over a year ago. I'm about halfway through it.

      I wrote one about a young woman who meets up with a mischievous magical woman who grants the girl's wishes, but only the ones she feels like granting. This is a corruption type story.

      I also worked on a story about a woman who meets a rich man with certain sexual desires. He is up front about it and she lets him know that she does not share those desires. They fall in love anyway. She eventually starts giving in. Once she's completely in, he turns his eye on her daughters.

      I also worked on a medallion of zulu TG story.

      Delete
    2. Wow, I'm excited about all of those! Let me know if you want me to proof it for grammar/plot issues like I've done in the past :)

      Delete
  3. Good to read work is still ongoing. The Bethany series has been my favourite of all your work thus far, and look forward to this continuing.

    Don't worry about rushing chapters out - only post them when YOU are happy with the end result(s).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be happy when I am looking at this story in the rear view mirror. :)

      Delete
  4. Glad to have you back. I was a little worried.
    Take your time, you know we are here eagerly waiting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm sorry to say that Daisy won't be appearing in the next part. I've written more about her, but she'll be in part 15.

      Delete