Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Hello

Okay, I've decided to start a blog. I'm not really sure why. I should be going to bed since I am really tired and I have to get up early, but instead I am writing this.

Last October I decided to start writing. I'd been contemplating writing for over a decade, but I fought against it. Many others told me I should write. They thought that I would be good at it, but I let my fear rule me. What I wanted to do was draw, but I have no talent for drawing. I have a hard time with stick figures.

I have had many ideas for stories over the years and more come every day. I've wanted an outlet for these ideas,but refused to write them out. So,in September of 2013 I signed up for a beginners drawing class. After a couple classes I decided that I should probably give writing a try. Surely it could not be as humiliating as showing my crappy drawings to a class of strangers.

I started writing a story and it was not easy, but I tried to keep at it. Normally I would quit after less than a page. I would reread my short staccato sentences or struggle to come up with the correct word and I would stop and then delete the whole thing and quit.

While I working on the story I caught a podcast in which the host talked about "The Shame Cone". He said that this shame cone is what stops many people from continuing a creative project. They hit a tough spot and they start belittling themselves and the shame cone grows. They eventually quit and the endeavor is never finished.

Another thing that stayed with me is another podcast where the host tells his guests repeatedly that "Things are not so much written as rewritten".

Between these two they gave me the encouragement to continue writing this time. The story took around five weeks to get a workable draft complete. I then sent it off to a person who had volunteered to edit the piece. The person didn't. It was the holiday season and I'm sure that they were busy, but they also never gave an update. I thank the stars that they delayed as they did or my second story may never had been written and had it not I may have stopped writing.

While my first story sat in another's hands I wrote my second story. The story flew out of me and was fully written after only one week. I posted it and it received a lot of praise. Two people even posted about it on other sites. One person was so eloquent in their glowing praise that I am still flabbergasted by it.

I eventually finished the first story and while people were kind the comments were not glowing. It was a first story so I am happy that people actually took the time to read it and give me their feedback. But, if I had posted that story and received the so-so praise I may never have written the second story. So I am very happy the way things turned out.

By the way, the first story (posted second) is called "The Purse Came First". The title is an homage to a story I read in an "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" book called "The Dog Died First". There is no similarity between the two stories, I just read "The Dog Died First" at a relatively young age and it has always stuck with me.

The second story is called "Just Pretending" and it is my favorite story. It has special meaning to me. I cried for a long time when I finished and I realized who the characters in the story represented in my life.

Both stories can be found on Fictionmania. I may post them elsewhere someday.

I have posted two other stories as of this writing and they have also received high praise. They are both smoking fetish stories and can be read at SmokingFetishKingdom. I am thinking of posting the my third story (first smoking story) on The Erotic Mind-Control Archive. It is called "The Birth of Bethany" and was followed by "Bethany's Mom Smokes for Her Man"

I will probably post each of these stories to this blog, but not tonight. As I said earlier, I'm tired and I should go to bed.

Goodnight.

Yours Truly,
Varian Milagro

No comments:

Post a Comment