Sunday, January 24, 2016

Story Recommendation: Welcome to the Club Again!

Tamara Vincent has written a parallel version of Welcome to the Club from Avril/Blaze's perspective. It is called Welcome to the Club Again and you should definitely check it out. So far the first two parts are up on Tamara Vincent's blog. I've read the first part and will be reading part two once I get a chance.

As a writer it is a great honor to have a fan fiction written for one of my stories. It is also a pleasure to be able to revisit my story from this new, feminine angle. More than that the story is a pleasure to read. Tamara has done a good job with it. I look forward to reading the rest of the story and I hope that Tamara keeps writing.

If you Tamara's story and like it, be sure to leave a comment telling her (on her blog).

Thanks,

Varian

7 comments:

  1. Hmm, just from the first sentence, I see that the story is written from a retrospective PoV. Those usually don't work in stories like this, but I'll give it a chance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually it's not.
      And I hate that first sentence, but I had to start somewhere.
      But seriously, thanks for giving my story a chance, Steve - stories are written to be read, and by reading my story you make it come alive.
      I hope you like it.

      And thanks, Varian for the shout out!

      Delete
  2. Fantastic redux of your great story!

    I always wondered how your characters would be perceived by other writers.

    While I don't usually like first person PoVs, I simply love the character set developed, and the writing style is of a very high standard.

    It will be interesting to see how this story, and others, develop, within the established SF universe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I'm planning a little "sequel" of sorts... The Tobacconist is a wonderful source of wicked ideas!

      Delete
  3. I agree that Tamara did a great job and to be honest I might actually like her "revrite" even more than the already great original. Sorry Varian ;)

    I am curious how will the Tobacconist universe develop and I am hoping for more stories by both authors.

    element

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need to apologize. I like her story a lot, too. I'm honored that she took inspiration from one of my stories to write and post her own. I look forward to what she comes up with next. I have a couple ideas for more Tobacconist stories. My original idea involved a family of four, but I decided to go with a couple to make things less complicated. I still want to write about the family of four some day.

      Delete
  4. Oh, guys, now you're making me blush!
    The original was so good that it was impossible to go wrong doing an alternate take.
    And as I said, The Tobacconist is my kind of guy, and I think his wares swill help me do a lot of naughty things ;)

    ReplyDelete