Thursday, August 18, 2016

K.U. - Eric Filler

They say that the true sign of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result. I'm not sure why I started labeling my Kindle Unlimited posts "Day 1", etc...  Like I'd have the time or energy to post every day for a month. I'm lucky to get in 5 posts a month.

I decided to start posting about particular authors instead. I felt kind of bad trashing on some of the stories in my last post, so I'm going to focus on the positive and tell you what I have liked and not what I didn't.

I'm starting off with Eric Filler. I've been reading his stories for a couple years now. I stumbled upon him when I first started using Amazon Prime. One benefit of Prime is that you get to borrow one Kindle Unlimited book for free each month. Eric Filler bundles his TG stories into large omnibus' containing 12 or more stories and these aren't short stories, they are typically 12,000-14,000 words. I borrowed all of his bundles over the last couple of years. I his stories to be creative and well written. I liked some a lot more than others, but that's true of any author with a large body of work.

It is also generally true that the more an author writes, the better they get. That is definitely true of Eric Filler. The two stories that I've read as part of my subscription to Kindle Unlimited were especially well written.

First up is a TG story called "The Incredibly Shrinking Manhood!" by Eric Filler

Sergeant Dylan MacTaggart accidentally killed a young man in the street. But when he's acquitted by a jury, the boy's mother takes matters into her own hands. She puts a curse on him that slowly robs him of his masculinity, his dignity, and maybe even his sanity. Is there any way to defeat the curse before it's too late?
 
I was expecting a story along the lines of "Slow Justice" by Ellie Dauber (which is a favorite of mine). The story started out much like Ellie's so I wasn't disappointed. Then, just when I thought I knew where it was going it made an unexpected turn and then another. I have read A LOT of TG stories and it is a pleasure when one surprises me. I eagerly await Eric's next story.
 
The next story is called "The Lipstick Lesbian Elixir" by Eric Filler
 
Captain Amanda Harker is as butch as it gets. That is until she's doused with an illegal drug called Lezz. Then she finds herself becoming girlier and girlier, with an insatiable appetite for other women.
 
I was sold on the premise of a straight, masculine woman becoming a lipstick lesbian, particularly because I'd read other Eric Filler's stories and I knew that he'd deliver. It's a nice slow change and I wasn't disappointed.
 
Eric primarily focuses on TG, but he has done other Female to Female transformations. One that may be of interest to reader's of this blog is "My Roommate Changed me into a Goth Girl" by Eric Filler.
 
Anyway, that's all for now.
 
Varian
 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for these reviews.
    Also, any chance we will get a road trip update this month?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we broke the author with our requests. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not broken. A little bent, perhaps. My absence has had nothing to do with your requests. Just an unfortunate coincidence in timing. Good news is that I'll be posting a story in the next few days.

      Delete