Friday, April 5, 2019

Hello again

So, I never got around to posting an update on my writing progress like I said I would back in February. Sorry about that. I haven't written all that much since I last posted. Most of my writing time has been spent on the story that is being illustrated for TGComics.com. The illustrations look amazing. The artist doing the work is very talented. Still, there is lots to do even if I am not the one creating the illustrations. I don't know when that story will drop, but I suspect that it will be more than a year from now.

I've started rereading Heather's story in preparation to begin work on Chapter 15. There is a rough draft of the chapter already completed, but it needs some serious rewriting. So far I am really enjoying the story. When I first write a story I have a hard time judging if it is any good. It's too personal and I can't be objective. Now that it's been over 18 months since I wrote anything dealing with Heather I can view it with clearer eyes. It's also giving me ideas on how what I need to change with Chapter 15.

I know that most people who used to frequent this blog have probably already moved on. So, when it comes time to post the next chapter I'll also post something on The Changing Mirror forum and MC Stories. I don't think that I'll be allowed to post the full story on MC Stories due to the TG content in Heather's Story so I may post an edited version there along with a link to the unedited version on my blog.

I don't know if I ever shared this, but the image below was one of my inspirations when working on Heather's story.



Thank you for your patience.

Varian

11 comments:

  1. Good to hear your still out there, look forward for whatever you can share with us when ever you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn blogspot...
      The original comment was:
      "Those of us with feed readers are still here"

      Delete
    2. I use the blog list on this blog in lieu of a feed reader.

      Delete
  3. Speaking of "The Changing Mirror", I recently made additions to a lot of your "That Which We Hate" chapters (using the name Anonymous51). It's probably wishful thinking, but do you think you'll add more chapters to that interactive story?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll check out your additions. I really enjoyed adding chapters to that Interactive Story in the past. I'm going to work on the next chapter of Heather's story first, but if I get stuck I might bang out an addition to one of your contributions to get my creative juices flowing again.

      Delete
    2. I added to one of your threads. :)
      https://www.thechangingmirror.com/intstory/showpage.php?PageID=10223

      Delete
    3. Thanks for reminding me of "That Which We Hate". I've been having fun adding to it. It feels good to have something to post, even if it is rather short.

      Delete
  4. I am glad to see you are active in some capacity, and not a stranger to your fanbase here. Are you checking website stats to monitor the activity since last year for new material?

    You may be surprised the amount of people whom still ask about you. Your work is always at a very high standard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Come back please! I enjoy your stories so much!

    ReplyDelete