Thursday, November 27, 2014

I finished a story!

I finished a story! Yeah!!

In my last post I stated that I was going to take part in National Novel Writing Month. Well, that lasted three days. I really did not want to write another novel length story this year. I have two that have not been posted and I did not want to add a third to the pile. I switched to made a half-hearted attempt at starting a TG version of my story "The Birth of Bethany" and I may continue it at some point, but I really wanted to post a story. It had been over four months since I last posted a story online and I was getting itchy.

In a previous post, I'd mentioned that I was thinking of putting "Coffee & Cigarettes: A Love Story" on the shelf. When I come up with the idea for the story, it had been straight forward and short. As I wrote it, it continued to morph on me. I'd come up with an idea for a new direction in the story, unfortunately it would invariably mean that I'd have to rewrite a big section of the story. This has happened at least once in every story I've written and the story is better for it. But it kept happening again and again in this story. In the end, the final story barely resembled the original idea and it is twice as long as I'd hoped it would be. I like the result and I will continue to trust myself when I get these story altering ideas. I posted the story at Smoking Fetish Kingdom. I will post it here as well.

Varian


No comments:

Post a Comment