Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Win a custom short story!

Contest!
First prize: A custom short story!

I'm launching my first ever contest. The first (and only) prize is a customized short story written by me. You will need to work for it though. I'm looking for help with my latest story "Role with It" and I think that you are the one who can help me.

There are three ways to enter the contest.

#1. Suggest a better title. It needs to be a reasonable title that makes sense based on the material.
-OR-
#2. Suggest a synopsis. A sentence or two that entices a reader to read the story, but doesn't give away the whole story.
-OR-
#3. Point out an error in any of the parts of "Role with It". This could be a punctuation, grammar, usage or spelling error. It could also be a story error: plot hole or continuity error.

Submit your entry by posting a comment on any of the parts of "Role with It". If you post anonymously, put a distinct name in the post. If you win I will need to use a name in the announcement. If everyone posts anonymously it will get rather confusing at announcement time.

You can enter as often as you want, but the error or suggestion has to be unique and you have to be the first person to make that suggestion or point out that particular error. You may point out more than one error or suggestion in a single post. They will be treated as separate entries.

The contest runs through Friday, 9/18/2015. I will announce the winner on 9/19 or 9/20. Once the winner and I have discussed the parameters of their story idea I will get to work on it. While the winner will get their story idea written and receive a personal copy of it, I will retain all rights to the story.

Good luck,

Varian Milagro
varian.milagro at gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. Hi Varian,

    My post didn't come up before...I wont get a chance to read your awesome story until tomorrow. Looking forward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Title or synopsis, take your pick :

    'One wish, then bit by bit'

    JohnM on TGComics

    ReplyDelete