Friday, October 30, 2015

Heather update

I know that there are fans of the "Bethany" stories that are eager to read about Bethany's sister, Heather. I'd hoped to have the story done by Halloween, but it will not be done in time. I really don't know when it will be done. I am close to finishing my revision of the story, but there are a few other steps to complete and due to the stories size they will take some time--Heather's story is currently three times the size of The Birth of Bethany.

This story has been kicking my butt for far too long and I really want to see it posted. I originally wrote my first draft back in February of this year. In June, when I finally got around to revising it, I decided to completely rewrite the entire story, going in a different direction with all new supporting characters. I like the second story more than the first one, but revising it has been hell. Today I spent three hours rewriting one scene. One flipping scene! The scene is a better for the effort, but I'm not sure that it's three hours of my life better.

Still, the end is in sight. I cannot say when it will be done, but I am working on it. Hopefully it wont be too much longer. I really want to write other stories and I can't. Not until this one is done.

Varian

5 comments:

  1. I am really looking forward to this story, but I will gladly wait until it is properly finished. Take your time and do not rush it :) The "Bethany" series is, in my humble opinion, your best work to date.

    element

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with what Element said. "Heather" will, I'm sure, be well worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the votes of confidence, I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Couldn't you just break it into parts to release it quicker?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I wrote like that. When I am revising I am liable to change any other part of the story. For me, the beginning is often the last part to be rewritten. While Heather is still in the works, I do have a story that can be posted. I've decided to start posting one of the story commissions from this summer. Part 1 of "Jersey Shored" will be posted in a little bit.

      Delete