Thursday, August 20, 2020

Hello again

 Hello there.

Yes, I am still alive. Given that we are in the midst of a global pandemic I thought it might be time that I said that.

I don't have a story to post right now, but the good news is that I have been doing a whole lot more writing than I did last year. I've been bouncing from story to story for the most part, adding a bit to this one or that one. I did manage to finish another draft of the story that I tentatively called "new dad" and nearly doubled the length of it. I'd been revising it off and on for the last couple years and was never really satisfied with the ending. I wrote several different endings, but the one I liked the best was kind of a cliff hanger and I didn't want to end the story that way. I finally decided to explore that ending and see where it led me and the answer was an additional 22,000 words.


The TG story that is being illustrated for TGComics.com hit a huge snag, but it is sorted out now. Unfortunately it is unlikely that the story will be posted until 2022 at the earliest.

I am working on another TG story that I am excited about. It is my spin on a story that was posted on Fiction mania back in 1998 and then heavily revised and greatly lengthened by a different author in 2003. My story will probably be longer still and will be my take on elements present in the original and the revision. I am about halfway through the first draft.

I am very stuck on the Heather story and I am not quite sure how to unstuck myself at the moment. I think that I might need to toss everything I've written past chapter 14 and write chapter 15 from scratch. When I started posting the story back in late 2016 the story was completed, but I was revising each chapter as I posted them. As this went on, the version of the story that was being posted veered further and further away from the story that I'd originally written. Now, when I try to steer the story back to that original ending I keep getting stuck. If I start fresh from where I left off three years ago, I might have an easier time of it.

That's it for now. I'll try to squeeze another post in before the end of the year.

I hope everyone is safe and healthy.

Varian

Edit: 8/21/2020
P.S. I forgot about another story that I've been working on. It was supposed to be a quickie, a couple of ladies enter a raunchy dive pretending to be "bad" girls and are corrupted by some cigarettes that were procured from The Tobacconist. I decided to change it from a story set in The Tobacconist universe and used an omnipotent stranger character that I've used in another story that has yet to be posted. The story grew quite a bit and was mostly complete around the start of the pandemic. I struggled with the ending for a while, but I think that I have it sorted out now and I am going to take another crack at it. This one is the most likely to be posted to this blog sometime this year. No promises.

16 comments:

  1. >Yes, I am still alive
    I was actually beginning to wonder if you are or not. Good to know you're okay.

    Hope Tamara Vincent is okay too, as there have been no updates from her after the pandemic started in full in Italy, and I think that's where she lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that she is okay too. There are a couple of other blogs that I follow which have gone quite that had me wondering if the worst had happened. It is what got me to make a post to my blog finally.

      Delete
  2. And we are glad you are OK. Hope things go well with finishing up those stories. Been wondering how things will end up for Heather. So many possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good to hear that you are still curious about Heather's story. I hated that I left her hanging. I'll do my best to get back onto her story.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad to hear that you're still around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so good to see you're alive and writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I really don't know why I resist writing at times. I guess I get out of the habit and then it is hard to get it going again. In that way it is kind of like exercise for me. I can't remember a time that I finished exercising and said to myself that I wished I hadn't bothered. Yet, it is so easy to let other things get in the way.

      Delete
  5. Great to hear you are still active!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Varian, I am so glad that you are OK and that you are still writing!

    PS: TamVin is actually from Switzerland, but it was hit by the pandemic quite hard as well, so hopefully she is OK too...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw that you finally added a new episode on The Changing Mirror. Thank you. I've actually been waiting a while for that. Not that storyline specifically, but just in general.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might post some more of those. It helps get the creative juices flowing sometimes. Out of curiosity, are there any particular storylines that you've been hoping would be continued?

      Delete
    2. This one definitely: "https://thechangingmirror.com/intstory/showpage.php?PageID=10534"

      And this one: "https://thechangingmirror.com/intstory/showpage.php?PageID=10524"

      And maybe this one (or any of the previous branches of): "https://thechangingmirror.com/intstory/showpage.php?PageID=12742"

      But anything added in general would be nice. I already added a chapter onto the one you just added.

      Delete
  8. Good to see you are alive, I was getting worried honestly.

    Hope you figure out how to get Heather out of the knot, I know the feeling quite well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I have a feeling that I'll get Heather figured out soon. I've found endings for another story I was working on and it is in the final editing phase now. I also got a second wind on the "Kat" story, see the "In Progress" link above for more details. It's probably about time that I update that page.

      Delete