Thursday, November 30, 2017

What's up 11/30/17

Hello all

I thought that I'd give everyone an update on where I'm at story wise. On my last post I mentioned that I was revising a story for tgcomics.com and that I was planning on participating in NanoWriMo. Neither worked out like I'd planned due to real life things like my job getting crazy busy in late October.

I still haven't finished the revision on the tgcomics.com story, but I am close to being done. At the start of November I decided to skip NanoWriMo this year since, due to work, I wasn't able to write much of anything for the first week. Then around the middle of the month a story idea that had been peculating in my head for the last few weeks came to fruition and I had to write it. I just finished the first draft and I was able to get 31,000 words written during November after all.

Unlike many of my other recent first drafts, I wrote this one on my laptop, instead of in a journal. I think that I'll start writing this way again. I like writing in a journal, but I don't like transcribing it into a computer afterwards.

I don't have a name for this latest story. My working title was "boyfriends". It's about a mother and daughter. The mother is setup with a man through a matchmaking service that guarantees perfect matches. She finds herself changing body and mind into the man's ideal woman. He's rich and handsome so she doesn't mind. Then she decides that her daughter should use the service When the daughter refuses, the mom picks a match for her anyway. After that things start getting out of control.

For December I am going to finish up on my revision for tgcomics.com and I also want to get the next chapter of Heather's story out the door.

Once Heather's story is completely posted I might look toward creating some ebooks or starting up a Patreon. I'm not sure at this point.

9 comments:

  1. Well the new story sounds cool, and I'd be interested in any stories you have to share with us...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think that I'm going to start posting the new story this month. I will post it in parts. Since it is only 30k words revising it won't be too hard. I also want to get the next chapter of Heather's story out this month as well.

      Delete
    2. Cool :-)

      Can't wait...

      Delete
  2. How many more chapters do you think you have of Heather's Story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are at least three chapters left, maybe more. The next chapter will close out Saturday. I do not know how many chapters it will take to cover the events that happen on Sunday. The last chapter will be kind of an epilogue and will take place on the first half of Monday, making the story cover one full week, not including flash back dreams.

      That's the plan at least.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like great work as ever, Varian!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good love your work can't wait to read more

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, blackbladder, Steve & Robert!

    I've been working on revising the new story and it's been coming along nicely. I'm about 75% of the way through my first pass. I usually do three or four passes, each subsequent pass going quicker than the last.

    I'm also working on a short story for a Christmas exchange that the Transformation Story Archive mailing list does every year. This is the first year that I've joined in. The stories seem to run around 3,000 to 4,000 words long. I have a feeling that mine will be longer than that. I'll post the story to the blog on or after Christmas. It is a TF furry story primarily, but I'm going to through in a few other elements as well.

    ReplyDelete